Corporate America is always looking for new methods to help employees reach their highest potential. It’s been discovered, for example, that working overtime and multitasking can take a toll on even the best employees. Lately, employers have decided to encourage more “quiet time” to rejuvenate staff. That explains the latest trend in HR offering employees a daily break to relax and meditate. Sitting still, learning breathing techniques, and even practicing a few yoga poses have shown to improve focus and calm nerves. Enhanced focus also means happier, more productive employees. We think this is a great idea that will continue to trend for some time. And guess what? We like your relaxed, calmly focused employees, too. To us, that means our IMG employee travel security consultants are doing their job.
Unfortunately, it seems fear and paranoia can easily muddle daily thoughts. From mass-shootings at companies to terrorist attacks in public spaces overseas, going to the office doesn’t seem like a safe place to many employees anymore. Who can blame them? If they are watching the evening news or reading internet stories on Facebook it’s easy to believe the worst can happen at any time. But the truth is, with a little awareness about security threats, the majority of your staff will simply enjoy a normal day at the office. Even when they are flying overseas on business.
To continue the new trend of calm mindfulness, we’d like to suggest HR managers add one more practice to their employees zen program: safety awareness. Here are a few do’s and don’ts to use when preparing your workers for business travel in the states or abroad;
- DO add a check-in system to your VIP’s travel itinerary. FoneTrac’s app for iPhone or Android will send push notifications to your travelling employee and remind them to confirm their location.
- DON’T call your VIP incessantly when you have not heard from them. It can cause stress. The FoneTrac app can easily locate where your employee is when they are not following the schedule or running late.
- DO contact IMG’s employee travel security consultants for advice about a country your VIP plans to visit. If political unrest and violent crimes have been a problem, you’ll be aware of what security forces are needed to protect your traveler.
- DON’T allow a top executive to leave without easy access to an employee travel security consultant on standby. Make sure they can contact GlobalSecur’s expert team in case a path to safety and calm is needed.
- DO be attentive to the signs of strange behavior at an office branch when visiting the location. IMG can work with Human Resources to evaluate the security access to buildings and any troubling employee behavior.
- DON’T ignore easy access to offices and corporate data at any location. A Proper security evaluation of corporate properties by IMG can help ensure employees can practice and work in a safe space.
Remember, handling security risks in the workplace can also help encourage a calm and focused work environment. All employees should feel safe at any location they work in or travel to. Contact our IMG employee travel security consultants to bring a zen-like awareness to your safety and security needs.